[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
RECIPE OF THE MONTH : August 2017
PALEO BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”8318″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]Let’s face it- we are all busy, always in a rush to get out of the house in the morning. Eating a healthy, protein filled breakfast can be very challenging. I don’t know about you, but I certainly don’t have time to whip up an omelet before heading in to work. That is why I love this breakfast casserole from Paleo OMG. Make this casserole on Sunday night and you have breakfast for the week! You can substitute the veggies and or breakfast meat to your liking. A few cherry tomatoes on the top is delicious!
Side note- I am not sure if it is my oven but I has to bake mine a little longer than the recipe calls for because the eggs were still runny.
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice (coconut oil or butter or ghee, etc.), melted
- 1 large sweet potato or yam, diced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1½ pound breakfast sausage
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 10 eggs, whisked
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×12 Baking Dish
- Toss diced sweet potatoes in fat and sprinkle with salt
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until soft.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add breakfast sausage and yellow onion. Cook until no pink remains in meat.
- Place meat mixture in baking dish, add sweet potatoes and spinach then add eggs along with salt and garlic powder and mix until well combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until eggs are set in the middle.