[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/6″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]This simple and delicious slow cooker Lamb Shank recipe comes from our very own Coach JS! Lamb is a great meat to cook at home, especially when using a slow cooker, the meat will just fall off the bone once it has finished cooking. Let’s face it, after a long day at the office, cooking a big meal is probably the last thing you feel like doing. That’s the best part about using a slow cooker, you get to come home to a nice warm home cooked meal!
2x Lamb Chops (I get mine at Olympic Meats on Halsted and Randolph, great place)
1 Vidalia Onion
2 big handfulls of baby carrots
4 Cloves of Garlic
1 Large head of Kale
3 Cups Chicken Stock
Salt, Pepper, Dried Rosemary
- Prepare the slow cooker
- Throw the carrots at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Tear the kale off the stems into large chunks and place on top of the carrots.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Prepare the meat
- Slice onion and dice the garlic (not mince, big flavorful pieces).
- Cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion is just beginning to become translucent.
- While the onion/garlic is cooking, rub the lamb shanks with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Brown the lamb shank on all sides w/ the garlic and onion.
- Add the Lamb, onion and garlic to the slow cooker. Throw some dry rosemary on top.
- Cook for four hours on high (or 7-8 hours on low) When done the meat should very easily slide off the bone.
- Cut the meat (GIF: https://i.imgur.com/gg23Srt.webm), and serve with the veggies/broth.